Thursday, April 2nd
New to MyCloset.com?
Grand Opening: Tom Douglas’ ‘Chef Closet’
Tom Douglas, one of Seattle’s culinary innovators is not your typical white coat wearing top chef. Known to sport a t-shirt and shorts, whether in or out of the kitchen, Douglas exudes the laid-back vibe of the Pacific Northwest. Everything about him is big; his stature, his laugh, his personality and of course his love for food. He will be the first to tell you the single most important ingredient in any meal is love. And boy does it show up in each and every meal he makes.
* Tom has 3 James Beard Awards; Best Chef Northwest (1994), Best Americana Cookbook for Tom Douglas' Seattle Kitchen (2001) and Outstanding Restauranteur (2012).
* He was named Restauranteur of the year in 2008 by Bon Appetit magazine.
* He has been named executive of the year by the Puget Sound Business Journal.
* He has a radio show with fellow Seattle chef Thierry Rautureau on KIRO 97.3
* Douglas appeared on an episode of the Food Network show "Iron Chef America" beating renowned chef Masaharu Morimoto for title of Iron Chef.
* Nicknamed “Cream Puff” while on the high school football team because he always brought food from his home economics class to his teammates.
* Favorite Dish: Chinese BBQ duck with garlic bok choy and hoisin sauce
* A sweet indulgence of Tom's is the maple éclair from Dahlia Bakery