Monday, February 24th
New to MyCloset.com?
As a reliable fashionista, Kerry Washington continuously shines while on the red carpet, at an event, talk show appearance or just hitting the town. Washington’s risk taking keeps us interested and eager to see what she will go with next. She’s not afraid of bright colors or graphic prints and tends to the avant-garde silhouette. Countless women take their cues from her styling choices and we at MyCloset can understand why; her head to toe looks are typically flawless. Known for not caring what others think of her high-fashion choices, she believes one dresses in what they feel good about, not for someone else’s opinion . With all that confidence and fabulously bold looks it’s no wonder fashionistas of all stripes want to steal a look or two.
We could go on for hours about Washington’s fashion sense or how we think she’s a phenomenal actress but that would be disingenuous. As a child, her parents made sure she was socially conscious of the world around her. Her progressive, political activism started at a young age and has carried on throughout the years to make her the woman she is today. Most people say they want to make the world a better place but Ms. Washington puts her money where her mouth is, sitting on the President's committee of Arts and Humanities, as an ambassador for Allstate Foundation Purple Purse (empowering women to prevent domestic violence and financial abuse) and as an active member of the V-Counsel.
On a non-political yet fashion based scale Washington is collaborating with Neutrogena and OPI, where she helped develop new foundation shades and nail polish colors, respectively. She has also partnered with Lyn Paolo, the costume designer for her hit TV show Scandal and clothing retailer The Limited to design a line of Olivia Pope inspired clothing.
* As a child, Kerry took ballet.
* Washington has been nominated for 1 Golden Globe, 1 Independent Spirit Award, 2 SAG Awards, 5 BET Awards, 8 NAACP Image Awards and many others.
* In order to keep her skin looking so darn good, she takes fish oil pills, drinks lots of water and stays away from dairy.
* When it comes to make-up on the red carpet, Kerry loves a good false lash and tends to sport a bold lip color.
* If Washington was an item of clothing, she'd be her patent leather neon pink LV stilettos.
* Kerry wears a different fragrance for each character she plays.
* Washington's workout picks: Pilates, Yoga, Tracy Anderson pregnancy DVDs, hiking and the elliptical machine.
* Kerry spoke at the 2012 Democratic National Convention
* In 2013 she was named Best Dressed Woman in the World by People Magazine.
* One of Kerry's favorite looks was the Marc Jacobs silver mesh dress she wore to the 2015 Emmy Awards.
Friday, February 28th
Tuesday, March 3rd