Monday, December 11th
New to MyCloset.com?
Over 20 years, Tom has been called the Seattle chef who helped define the Northwest Style. His creativity and respect for Seattle’s ethnic traditions helped him win numerous awards and accolades, including the James Beard Award for Best Northwest Chef in 1994.
Tom is the author of three cookbooks, Tom Douglas’ Seattle Kitchen (Morrow, 2001), which won a James Beard award for Best Americana Cookbook, Tom’s Big Dinners (Morrow, 2003), and I Love Crab Cakes (Morrow, 2006). In addition, Tom’s specialty food line, which includes Rub with Love spice rubs plus barbecue and teriyaki sauces, is sold nationwide.
• Born in Cleveland, raised in Delaware
• Started cooking professionally at age 17 at the Hotel DuPont in Wilmington, Delaware
• Nicknamed “Cream Puff” on the football team in high school because he always brought the food from home economics class to the team
• Guilty pleasure: Cream Pies
• Favorite Dish: Chinese BBQ duck with garlic bok choy and hoisin sauce
• Never gets tired of eating