Fashion is in the Eye of the Beholder
In the eyes of those who witnessed the debut of Luly Yang’s luxurious new evening and bridal collection in Seattle, there was admiration and sheer delight.
With dresses that showcased embellishments such as sequined panels peeking out from a bodice like sultry eyes, a focal point black obi to nip in the waist, or a draping fabric braid falling over a pale blue dress to remind you of the eyes of a lost love, Luly hit her mark with “20/20”.
In the eye of the beholder, imagination flourishes.
– Luly Yang
• Souvenir sunglasses were sold at the Luly Yang Couture debut event in 2008 for $60, with all proceeds benefitting Camp Korey
• 20% of the evening’s orders, boutique sales and gift card sales benefit Camp Korey which is co-founded by Paul Newman
• When she’s not working, Luly wears fancy sweatsuits so she can hang out with her four-year old son.
• Her favorite colors are the colors of the ocean.
• When she’s focused on designing, she doesn’t hear anything.
• She loves Brazilian music and everything Latin: “Before I was Chinese, I think I was Latin,” laughs Luly.
• Luly grew up in Taiwan.
• She moved to US when she was 10 years old.
Friday, May 27th
Monday, May 30th
Maggio & Rossetto
Thursday, June 2nd