From singing to dancing, acting to producing and now designing, Zendaya has several outlets to display her creativity. One such outlet shines bright on the red carpet and shockingly, it’s not her chic and impeccable sense of style. It’s an ability that sets her apart from all other celebrities; Zendaya does her own make-up for all events, including red carpet. She decided to take matters into her own hands after a few too many missteps with other people at the helm. As she would put it, she knows her face best. So, after having taught herself through YouTube tutorials and hours in a make-chair, she is now the flawless style pro we see hitting the red carpet. Nudes are her signature lip shade, which can then be mixed with any color. She prefers highlighter to bronzer or blush, it adds a glow all the while making one look like she is without make-up. Her must haves include, a pen eyeliner and a shimmer powder like Urban Decay’s Naked Illuminating Shimmer powder for Face and Body. Zendaya has commented on more than one occasion that she purchases drugstore products because according to her they are just as good as expensive ones. It is no wonder she became the newest face of CoverGirl earlier in 2016.
Thanks to her new role as designer, Zendaya was picked as the official PSA spokesperson for QVC Presents “FFANY Shoes on Sale”, a program that donates a minimum of 80% of the purchase price to breast cancer research and education. This is not her first foray into social awareness and working with charities. Since 2012 Zendaya has been an advocate for Convoy of Hope and even spent her 18th birthday supporting their feed ONE initiative. She has also performed spokesperson and ambassador duties for UNICEF and the Children’s Miracle Network respectively and has worked with the Make-A-Wish and Keep A Child Alive foundations.
• Zendaya means “to give thanks” in Shona, a Bantu language native to Zimbabwe.
• Earned an NAACP Image Awards Nomination for Outstanding New Artist.
• She won the 2014 BMI ‘Social Star Award’, the Radio Disney Music Awards ‘You’ve Got Swag!’ – Artist with the best Style Award and the ‘Choice Style Icon Award’ at the Teen Choice Awards
• Zendaya's social media presence: over 7 million followers on Instagram, over 5 million of twitter and 10 million likes on Facebook.
• Her music video for "Replay" has over 99 million views.
• Calls her fans Zswaggers
• Played Basketball for many years and thought she’d be a basketball player not an actress.