Thursday, August 11th
New to MyCloset.com?
In 2010, at just twelve years of age, Zendaya landed a lead role of Rocky Blue in “Shake It Up” on the Disney channel. This new role lead to guest roles on TV shows like “A.N.T Farm” and “Good Luck Charlie”, along with voice work for the TV movie “Pixie Hollow Games”. A couple years later, Zendaya and her “Shake It Up” co-star, Bella Thorne, starred in the TV movie “Frenemies”. By 2013, Zendaya was a household name by making it to the finals as contestant on ABC’s hit competition show “Dancing with the Stars”. That same year she published her book “Between U and Me: How to Rock Your Tween Years with Style and Confidence” along with releasing a self-titled, pop and R&B influenced album to much success; her single “Replay” went platinum.
In 2015, after some time away from the Disney Channel, Zendaya popped back onto the screen to not only headline but produce “KC Undercover”, where she plays a teenage secret spy. While staring in her own show, Zendaya then appeared in Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood” video, ABC’s hit show “Blackish” and in “Beyoncé: Lemonade”. 2016 started out as quite the year for Zendaya with the announcement that she would be the newest face for make-up giant CoverGirl. Next up, she was cast in the upcoming Spiderman reboot, which will be hitting the big screen in 2017. Then in June, Zendaya’s shoe line she co-designed with stylist Law Roach, Daya by Zendaya, showed at FFANY (Fashion Footwear Association of New York) and will be available for Spring ’17. And most recently it was reported that she would be joining Hugh Jackman’s movie musical “The Greatest Showman on Earth”. She is also in the recording studio working on her second album with the likes of Timbaland, Babyface and Diane Warren. Looks like this young lady is growing up and exploring new venues, showing us her many layers and is a force to be reckoned with.
• Zendaya means “to give thanks” in Shona, a Bantu language native to Zimbabwe.
• Earned an NAACP Image Awards Nomination for Outstanding New Artist.
• She won the 2014 BMI ‘Social Star Award’, the Radio Disney Music Awards ‘You’ve Got Swag!’ – Artist with the best Style Award and the ‘Choice Style Icon Award’ at the Teen Choice Awards
• Zendaya's social media presence: over 7 million followers on Instagram, over 5 million of twitter and 10 million likes on Facebook.
• Her music video for "Replay" has over 99 million views.
• Calls her fans Zswaggers
• Played Basketball for many years and thought she’d be a basketball player not an actress.