Sunday, August 18th
New to MyCloset.com?
Luly Yang: Timeless Flair for Menswear
Although her home is in the quiet Northwest, Luly Yang is a world traveler. Her love of cultures, far and wide, is apparent in her designs for men. She describes the “look” as “classic, with a twist”, and the “twist” is often something inspired by her discoveries far away.
Elegant swirls in her ties can remind you of the historic artistry of Florence. Shirts pop in colors that sing like they’re from Shanghai. Luly loves working with all kinds of fabrics. In particular, she loves blends, which you’ll find in many of her suits. Put everything together for an ensemble with understated impact.
I don’t wear anything with logos on it. It’s all a walking advertisement.
– Luly Yang
• When she’s not working, Luly wears fancy sweatsuits so she can hang out with her four-year old son.
• Her favorite colors are the colors of the ocean.
• When she’s focused on designing, she doesn’t hear anything.
• She loves Brazilian music and everything Latin: “Before I was Chinese, I think I was Latin,” laughs Luly.
• Luly grew up in Taiwan.
• She moved to US when she was 10 years old.
• Luly loves watching great films to escape her own life.
Tuesday, August 20th
Friday, August 23rd