Tuesday, November 30th
New to MyCloset.com?
Luly Yang Takes Bridal and Evening to the Stars
Look closely. Luly Yang always hides a surprise within her classic designs.
“I personally like to wear classic, timeless pieces, because I don’t want to look at it and think, ‘that’s so last year’. There’s a way to do timeless design in a fresh, new way that’s not boring,” Luly told us.
Luly brings that signature approach to all her designs, which have attracted celebrities such as Vanessa Minnillo, Josie Bissett and Mary Hart. Luly’s new collection is “Dreams Take Flight,” which is divided into five layers of dreamy couture: “Paper Airplanes”, “Cloud 9”, “Aurora Borealis”, “Moonlight Over The Atlantic” and “Wish Upon A Star”. She debuted the Fall collection during a runway extravaganza at Seattle’s Paramount Theater, which benefited Children’s Hospital.
Luly says, “I feel like it sends a message to never stop dreaming,”
I have a love affair with color. I can’t live without it.
– Luly Yang
• When she’s not working, Luly wears fancy sweatsuits so she can hang out with her four-year old son.
• Her favorite colors are the colors of the ocean.
• When she’s focused on designing, she doesn’t hear anything.
• She loves Brazilian music and everything Latin: “Before I was Chinese, I think I was Latin,” laughs Luly.
• Luly grew up in Taiwan.
• She moved to US when she was 10 years old.
• Luly loves watching great films to escape her own life.